What You Need to Know About Motorbike Claims
If you are a motorcyclist who has been injured in a motorbike accident or you have lost a loved one through a fatal accident, you may be able to claim for compensation. Our experienced team of solicitors hold years of experience in motorbike claims. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Do you need further advice and information before pursuing a claim or is there anything you’re unsure of? You’ve come to the right place. We will help guide you through the various aspects of making a claim.
How Much Can You Claim?
When it comes to beginning your claim, there are a number of factors to consider about your specific accident such as the type of accident, severity of your injuries and financial losses. Solicitors are often asked “how much compensation?” Here is a brief summary of what a solicitor will consider:
- The severity of your motorbike injuries – Are they serious? Life changing or life threatening? The greater the pain and suffering, the more compensation you will receive. Your solicitor will also consider the impact of the injuries on your quality of life.
- Your age – The younger you are the more compensation you will receive.
- Your sex – Females will receive more compensation for scarring
- Any pre-accident medical problems – Your pre-motorbike accident medical history will be taken into account and assessed. Your solicitor will obtain your medical notes and forward them onto an independent medical expert who will then examine you and consider the extent of your injuries.
- Financial losses – All reasonable financial losses following an accident claim will be recoverable in the form of a compensation payment. These include:
- Loss of earnings, overtime, benefits and bonues
- Damage to the motorcycle, repairs, replacement
- Replacement bike or car hire
- Medical expenses such as rehabilitation
- Parking and travel expenses
- Nursing car
- All other losses/expenses that are reasonable
The courts will take all the above into account. It will listen to what you have to say about the impact of the injuries on your life and the opinion of the medical experts. The courts will look to other cases similar to yours to decide how much to award you.
Why Choose Us for Your Claim?
We know that a motorbike accident can be a very traumatic experience. In the immediate aftermath and the following weeks, you may experience all sorts of confusion and negative feelings. It’s important to do your research in finding the right solicitors who will put your interests at the forefront and look to win you the compensation you expect.
Our team has more than 27 years of experience in managing accident claims which has allowed us to use the resources and partnerships available to us to deliver a cost efficient service. We firmly believe that you should only pay if you win which is why we work on a No Win, No Fee basis. Not only will we fight for you to receive the compensation you deserve, but you will also keep 100% of the compensation. In asking our clients what they thought about our service, they have consistently praised our ‘professionalism’, ‘efficiency’, ‘honesty’ and being able to provide a service without delay.
How We Can Help with Motorbike Claims
On this website we have created a number of useful resources to inform you about everything you need to know about motorbike claims. You will be able to learn about the different types of accidents and types of injuries that can be sustained. We even have a compensation calculator to provide you with an estimate of what you may receive should your case win.
If you wish to learn more or to take your case forward, you can contact us and we will be happy to discuss your individual circumstances in more detail. At R. James Hutcheon Solicitors our professional team of lawyers are capable at dealing with a variety of claims.
We can provide a thorough and personal service designed to secure the compensation you deserve. To learn more about motorbike claims, including types of injuries and how much you could claim, click the following links.