What You Need to Know About Motorbike Claims
If you are a motorcyclist who has been injured in a motorbike accident or you have lost a loved one through a fatal accident, you may be able to claim compensation. Our experienced team of solicitors hold years of experience in motorbike claims. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Before pursuing a claim, do you need further advice and information, or is there anything you’re unsure of? You’ve come to the right place. We will help guide you through the various aspects of making a claim.
How Much Can You Claim?
When it comes to beginning your claim, several factors to consider about your specific accident include the type of accident, severity of your injuries and financial losses. Solicitors are often asked, “how much compensation?” Here is a summary of what a solicitor will consider:
- The severity of your motorbike injuries – Are they serious? Life-changing or life-threatening? The greater the pain and suffering, the more compensation you will receive. Your solicitor will also consider the impact of the injuries on your quality of life.
- Your age – The younger you are, the more compensation you will receive.
- Your sex – Females will receive more compensation for scarring
- Any pre-accident medical problems – Your pre-motorbike accident medical history will be taken into account and assessed. Your solicitor will obtain your medical notes and forward them to an independent medical expert who will then examine you and consider the extent of your injuries.
- Financial losses – All reasonable financial losses following an accident claim will be recoverable in the form of a compensation payment. These include:
- Loss of earnings, overtime, benefits and bonuses
- Damage to the motorcycle, repairs, replacement
- A replacement bike or car hire
- Medical expenses such as rehabilitation
- Parking and travel expenses
- Nursing care
- All other losses/expenses that are reasonable
The courts will take all the above into account. It will listen to what you have to say about the impact of the injuries on your life and the opinion of the medical experts. The courts will look to other cases similar to yours to decide how much to award you.
Why Choose Us for Your Claim?
We know that a motorbike accident can be a very traumatic experience. In the immediate aftermath and the following weeks, you may experience all sorts of confusion and negative feelings. It’s important to research the right solicitors who will put your interests at the forefront and look to win you the compensation you expect.
Our team has more than 27 years of experience in managing accident claims, allowing us to use the resources and partnerships available to us to deliver a cost-efficient service. We firmly believe that you should only pay if you win, so we work on a No Win, No Fee basis. Not only will we fight for you to receive the compensation you deserve, but you will also keep 100% of the compensation. In asking our clients what they thought about our service, they have consistently praised our ‘professionalism’, ‘efficiency’, ‘honesty’ and offering a service without delay.
How We Can Help with Motorbike Claims
We have created many useful resources to inform you about everything you need to know about motorcycle accident claims. You will learn about the different types of accidents and types of injuries that a motorcyclist can sustain. We even have a compensation calculator to provide you with an estimate of what you may receive should your case win.
If you wish to learn more or take your case forward, you can contact us, and we will be happy to discuss your individual circumstances in more detail. At R. James Hutcheon Solicitors, our professional team of lawyers can deal with a variety of claims.
We can provide a thorough and personal service designed to secure the compensation you deserve. Click the following links to learn more about motorbike claims, including types of injuries and how much you could claim.