What you need to know about Motorbike Accident Claims
If you are a motorcyclist who has been injured in a motorbike accident or you have lost a loved one through a fatal accident, you may be able to claim for compensation. Our experienced team of solicitors hold years of experience in motorbike accident claims. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
When it comes to beginning your claim, there are a number of factors to consider about your specific accident such as the type of accident, severity of your injuries and financial losses. Solicitors are often asked “how much compensation?” Here is a brief summary of what a solicitor will consider:
- The severity of your motorbike injuries – Are they serious? Life changing or life threatening? The greater the pain and suffering, the more compensation you will receive. Your solicitor will also consider the impact of the injuries on your quality of life.
- Your age – The younger you are the more compensation you will receive.
- Your sex – Females will receive more compensation for scarring
- Any pre-accident medical problems – Your pre-motorbike accident medical history will be taken into account and assessed. Your solicitor will obtain your medical notes and forward them onto an independent medical expert who will then examine you and consider the extent of your injuries.
- Financial losses – All reasonable financial losses following an accident claim will be recoverable in the form of a compensation payment. These include:
- Loss of earnings, overtime, benefits and bonues
- Damage to the motorcycle, repairs, replacement
- Replacement bike or car hire
- Medical expenses such as rehabilitation
- Parking and travel expenses
- Nursing car
- All other losses/expenses that are reasonable
The courts will take all the above into account. It will listen to what you have to say about the impact of the injuries on your life and the opinion of the medical experts. The courts will look to other cases similar to yours to decide how much to award you.
How we can help you
On this website we have created a number of useful resources to inform you about everything you need to know about motorbike accident claims. You will be able to learn about the different types of accidents and types of injuries that can be sustained. We even have a compensation calculator to provide you with an estimate of what you may receive should your case win.
If you wish to learn more or to take your case forward, you can contact us and we will be happy to discuss your individual circumstances in more detail. At R. James Hutcheon Solicitors our professional team of lawyers are capable at dealing with a variety of claims.
We can provide a thorough and personal service designed to secure the compensation you deserve. To learn more about motorbike accident claims, including types of injuries and how much you could claim, click the following links.
Types of Motorbike Accidents
Find out about the different types of motorbike accidents.Read More
Types of Motorbike Injuries
Check how much you could claim based on your injury.Read More
Not sure what you're entitled to? Our calculator guide will help.Read More
See how the most common motorbike accidents occur.Read More
Stats for Motorbike Accidents
Learn about the key statistics regarding motorbike accidents.Read More